Sarah's nana had Patterson's disease, which was cured by the organization Ebony Brown was in.
Sarah is shown to be much more playful and low-key than Tom, which leads to strains on their relationship - such as when he refused to "lighten up" and have a "little extra wine" on their anniversary due to his prison rape phobia. (A Date With The Health Inspector)
While it seems that Sarah has extremely little to no respect for Tom and seems to "regret" marrying him, she does in fact love him. She "dominates" the marriage and acts as the reigning authority in the household. She also displayed a considerably self-centered side as she blatantly flirted with other men such as Usher while knowing how much it upset Tom.
Sarah, like her husband, is liberal and fiercely political. She focuses her efforts on political action against the conservative parties. She is incredibly casual about her interracial marriage, even going so far as to joke about it when Tom is mocked and attacked for it.
She was, however, embarrassed when a lawyer accused Tom of hating black women simply because he was married to her. (The Trial of R. Kelly) Sarah is a member of the NAACP and a self-proclaimed "crusader for black rights". She and Tom have also clashed over her support for Ralph Nader.
Sarah is hinted to be somewhat sexually frustrated because of Tom's lack of strength and flamboyant nature. She appears to fantasize about stronger, successful black men like Usher and Michael Jackson. Despite this, she does show concern for her husband on many occasions. (A Date With the Booty Warrior)
Despite having sexual frustrations with Tom, one episode showed Tom and Sarah having sex with each other. However, while Tom was shown as exhausted (and sweaty), Sarah was on the other side reading (with glasses) and did not show any signs of fatigue. It is most likely that their sex life is not that good, or that Tom simply did not give her enough pleasure. Though it appears that after having their marriage improved as of the events of Pretty Boy Flizzy, their libido for each other has increased, especially since Tom has lost his fear of rape, making him somewhat less afraid of going all out.
Stinkmeaner once took control of Tom's body and (realizing that this attractive white woman was Tom's wife) told Sarah of his desire to have sex right now. Sarah appeared rather surprised and somewhat delighted to hear that, asking her possessed husband just what got into him, with Stinkmeaner stating an innuendo as the same thing that was about to get into her. He then carried her into the bedroom, and they had sex with each other, with Sarah having an enjoyable orgasm. (Stinkmeaner Strikes Back)
Uncle Ruckus claims that Sarah married Tom out of pity, not out of love. Though Ruckus doesn't know enough about them and is just a racist, so this cannot be true.
- Sarah, like Jazmine, is an Usher fangirl. They are both also big fans of Pretty Boy Flizzy.
- She called Tom a "punk ass motherfucker" during Granddad's dream. (Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy)
- Sarah is the only one that still likes Obama at the end of It's a Black President, Huey Freeman.
- Sarah begins to play a more prominent role in the series as it progresses, making more frequent appearances in Season 3 of the show.
- Sarah originally had straight hair in the series, but was later changed to wavy.
Behind the scenes
- Sarah's voice actress, Jill Talley, is also known for her role as Karen in SpongeBob SquarePants; she is also married to Tom Kenny, the voice actor of the title character.
- She is currently the of Rita Loud from The Loud House; Coincidentally both Sarah and Rita are mothers with blonde hair.
- She also has portrayed several African-American characters throughout the course of the series.
- Out of all the characters, Sarah has gone through the biggest physical changes over the course of the series.
- "Tom, Sarah and Usher"
- "Stinkmeaner Strikes Back" (cameo)
- "Ballin'" (unvoiced)
- "The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show" (mentioned)
- "It's a Black President, Huey Freeman"
- "The Red Ball" (unvoiced)
- "Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy" (cameo in a dream)
- "A Date with the Booty Warrior"
- "The Lovely Ebony Brown" (cameo)
- "The Fried Chicken Flu"
- "Pretty Boy Flizzy"
- "Good Times" (unvoiced cameo)
- "Freedomland" (mentioned)
- "I Dream of Siri" (last appeared in an unvoiced cameo)