NAACP, Usher fangirl
Sarah Dubois is the wife of Thomas Dubois and mother of Jazmine Dubois. Sarah is shown to be much more playful and low-key than Tom, which leads to strains on their relationship (such as when he refused to lighten up and have a little extra wine on their anniversary due to his prison rape phobia). She is hinted to be somewhat sexually frustrated because of Tom's lack of strength and flamboyant nature. She appears to fantasize about stronger, successful black men like Usher and Michael Jackson, but does show concern for her husband on many occasions, such as during the events of A Date With the Booty Warrior.
Sarah is the least prevalent character from the Dubois family, though she makes more frequent appearances in Season 3 of the show. She, like her husband, is liberal and fiercely political. She focuses her efforts on political action against the conservative parties. She is incredibly casual about her interracial marriage, even going so far as to joke about it when Tom is mocked and attacked for it.She was, however, embarrassed in "The Trial of R. Kelly" when a lawyer accused Tom of hating black women simply because he was married to her. Sarah is a member of the NAACP and a self-proclaimed "crusader for black rights". She and Tom have also clashed over her support for Ralph Nader.
She appears one time Stinkmeaner Strikes Back, where she is at the Dubois residence making dinner. Tom (briefly in control of himself) arrives home and is greeted happily by his wife. It is until Stinkmeaner takes control of him and tells Sarah of his desire of a sex life. He then carries her into the bedroom and they have sex with each other.
- She, like Jazmine, is an Usher fangirl.
- Sarah's nana had Patterson's disease, which was cured by the organization Ebony Brown was in.
- Uncle Ruckus claims that Sarah married Tom out of pity, not out of love, this is highly unlikely.
- Since she is white and Tom is black that would make her daughter Jazmine mulatto.
- She called Tom a "punk ass motherfucker" during Granddad's dream in the episode "Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy".
- Sarah is the only one that still likes Obama at the end of "It's a Black President, Huey Freeman".
- Out of all the characters Sarah has gone through the biggest physical changes over the course of the series.
- Sarah's voice actress, Jill Talley, is also known for her role as Karen in SpongeBob Squarepants; she is also married to Tom Kenny, the voice actor of the title character.
- She also has portrayed several African-American characters throughout the course of the series.
- She begins to play a more prominent role in the series as it progresses.
- Despite having sexual frustrations with Tom, one episode showed Tom and Sarah having sex with each other. However, while Tom was shown exhausted (and sweaty), Sarah was on the other side reading (with glasses) and did not show any signs of fatigue. It is most likely that their sex life is not that good, or that Tom simply did not give her enough pleasure.